UNIFARM cooperates with both University and hospitals to perform clinical studies phase I-IV. In particular for bioequivalence studies UNIFAR signed an agreement with the Reparto Paganti ( ward for paying patients) of the Azienda Ospedaliera-Universitaria “Policlinico-Vittorio Emanuele” of Catania. The ward is well equipped and has the appropriate size to perform clinical studies.
The following are available in the ward:
- area for the registration and screening of volunteers;
- area for hospitalization (8 beds with emergency devices);
- recreational area;
- toilets in each room;
- area for drug dispensing and samples collection;
- area for equipments (freezer -20°C and centrifuge) and for material disposal;
- emergency equipments and intensive care unit;
- medical and nursing staff.
Unifarm è dotato di un database elettronico, nel quale registra e analizza la partecipazione di un ampio gruppo di volontari sani alle sperimentazioni di bioequivalenza.
All services are compliant with the International Conference of Harmonisation - Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP).